Rosemary is great for knocking out the norovirus…it can also help get rid of listeria and salmonella (use in marinades and sauces). Simple ways to add this herb to your diet include: 1) steeping it in your tea (add a 1-2 inch sprig of fresh rosemary when you add the tea bag). 2) stuff the bird (add one branch to the inside cavity of a chicken and bake – I put balsamic vinegar on the skin side) 3) add fresh cut rosemary leaves to your marinades –
After researching many tea companies, I decided on Davidson’s Teas for several reasons:
- 1. Their philosophy – “committed to sourcing healthy ingredients grown by generations of skill small farmers…engaging in sustainable practices….we are the first exclusively organic tea purveyor…we honor mind and body…we provide the purest organic tea direct from the farm to your cup”
- 2. Organic tea is important as tea is not washed so residues of herbicides/pesticides remain
Congratulations to our Winners! Thank you for helping us celebrate our 2 year Anniversary!!
3 Day Cleanse – Kimmy Klein
Private tasting for 10 – Holli Reeves
1 Day Cleanse – Marisa Gomez, Josh Anderson
$15 gift card – Alexis Trubenbach, Michelle Dembosky
T-shirt – Susie Musso, Holly Barclay, Katherine Greer
Free Drink – Amy Novelle, Madelyne Dunn
Celebrating 2 years Continued.
As the 19th of November approaches and I look back over all we have accomplished these past 2 years, I want to say thank you to our customers, friends & supporters & provide answers to frequent questions.
Why Fresh is so Important – Vitamins are delicate and erode quickly. They are particularly sensitive to heat, light, & time. So pasteurized juices (high heat), those on the shelf for days,
As the 19th of November approaches and I look back over what we have accomplished these past 2 years, I want to say thank you to our customers, friends & supporter. We’re Still Here! You have helped so much by buying our product, spreading the word, making suggestions, & even volunteering in the urban garden. While it is true that it can be more expensive to offer fresh, organic, natural products…our profit margins are lower than most restaurants so our customers can afford a delicious,
How to tell if you are hydrated (a 1-2% dehydration level can create problems):
1) Pinch the skin on the back of your hand and then let go, if it takes longer than 2 seconds to go back to normal you may be dehydrated.
2) Check your urine, if it isn’t clear or pale yellow, you may be dehydrated (http://www.doctoroz.com/article/urine-color-palette)
3) Are you thirsty – you are already dehydrated, drink up!
See my blog on hydration on our website northgatejuicejoint.com
Better looking skin – proper hydration leads to better looking skin (and less wrinkles).
Less fluid retention – when you are dehydrated, your body retains fluids.
Fewer Headaches – The brain sits inside a fluid sack that keeps it from bumping against the skull, explains Higgins. If that fluid sack around the brain is dehydration, the brain can bump against the skull, causing headaches.
Reduce Afternoon fatigue – dehydration leads to fatigue,
Hibiscus flowers have been used in their dried form to make and herbal tea that was used by healers for decades to control high blood pressure. Recent studies have confirmed the efficacy of Hibiscus and has show it to work as well as some pharaceuticals. The study consisted of 75 subjects ages 31-70 who took either a placebo, lisinopril (10 mg/day) or hibiscus (150 mg/day). After four weeks the placebo group showed little change in blood pressure,
How to make natural, effective mosquito repellent.
Using Essential Oils
- *Citronella oil – a mixed solution using 10% citronella oil was shown to be effective for 12 hours. You can purchase the oil at a health food store or in some grocery stores.
- * Neem oil – from the pressed fruits and seeds of an evergreen tree from India has had mixed results. Some have found a 2% solution mix to be effective for 4 hours.
Homemade apple sauce is extremely healthy, delicious and so easy to make. You can make it on the weekend and enjoy all week long. It’s great in smoothies, on ice cream, on pork chops, or just heated and eaten by itself. Be sure to use organic apples as conventional apples have a higher number of pesticide/herbicide residues (that can’t be washed off or peeled off).
To make 1.5 cups:
3 large apples –